Re: Removable Luggage Rack

To: knystrom@NCSCTC01ES.ntc.nokia.com
Subject: Re: Removable Luggage Rack
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 10:55:31 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, odd@triumphclub.se
Kim Nyström wrote:

> I think you can find one of these racks at any Triumph store.
> I for instance have an aluminium one that comes with four clips
> that you hook over the sides of the boot lid and rubber feet
> where it rests on the lid. It is very easy to install and remove.
> Even a bigger suitcase straps nicely onto it, for instance when
> you want to drive from Finland to England and back and you need
> to carry a tent, clothes and other stuff for two...
> rgds,
> Kim Nystrom

I,ve got one of those, but be warned they tend to leave four dents
from it's feet in the boot lid. On my Spitfire Mk3 it forced me to
buy an extra boot lid to get rid of the dents. But with an extra
boot lid for use with the boot lid rack it's a great idea.

(They even once was available with extra parts that made it possible
to carry two sets of skis on them up over the hardtop! Looks great
in a winter blizzard with a Signal Red Spitfire fitted with Hard
top, Spiked wheels, Ski rack w. skis and a snow showel, Two occupants
fitted out for the arctic conditions etc coming sideways around a
corner on a hill side road leading to a ski lodge.
I've been there, done that! Loved it! ;-)))

Be warned but use it!
--

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4               International liaison secretary,