Bob Tullius

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bob Tullius
From: Patrick McMullen <mcmullen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 1996 20:07:30 -0700
Fellow Triumphers,

I was lucky enough to meet Bob Tullius today.  He flies a P-51 Mustang
these days.  I was working at an airshow today.  I talked with him for
some time.  He autographed my hat which is now in my archives.  I
introduced myself as a TR-6 driver.  He chuckled and said he still is
too.  He told me that he still owns the last TR-6 ever made as well as
the last TR-8 ever built.  Some collection!  I asked if he would ever
sell them.  He responed that not unless he needs money for his Mustang.
I said that they probably won't be cheap then!  His answer was a big no
with a laugh.  He does not attend many Triumph events any more if any at
all.  I wished I had my car there for him to autograph the dash, but as
you all know it is up on jacks awaiting attention to the OD!!!!!!

Pat in NC