TR2/3/4/7 Parts For Sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR2/3/4/7 Parts For Sale
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 07:44:26 -0400
For all of you who wanted more information on the overdrive transmission, here
`tis:

It's a TR4 OD trannie.  I bought it from another local club member to put
into Pandora (our TR4).  Some priorities have changed that have made it
redundant.  The gearbox was supposed to be good.  Go figure.  I was going
to totally rebuild it anyway.  I've drained the oil and it looked good, no
metal fragments.  This weekend I'll pull the top cover off and remove the
OD drain plug.  That should tell me more about the condition.  The bracket
holding the solenoid was  busted off, supposedly when the PO dropped a crank
on it.  No problem.  I have another side plate with a good bracket to replace
it.   I also have the TR4 OD switch, wiring harness, and relay plus a new
soleniod.

I also have a box of overdrive parts including two housings, two OD-trannie
mounting plates, and an output shaft for a late TR3 (non-synchro) gearbox
with an OD.  I'm asking $300 for the gearbox, $100 for the box of parts,
or $375 for both.  It's first come, first serve,  by that I mean the first
person to show up at the house with the money gets the parts.  Oh, I don't
have time to ship these babies, so don`t ask.  Hate to be a party-pooper
on that, but if I didn't I'd be spending time on building shipping crates
rather than figuring out why the fans came on driving the '79 TR7 when the
temp gauge said it was running cool.  There is a local club member that's
interested in the trannie, so please call me at (513) 376-9946 before coming
over (not that you would since I haven't included directions).

BTW:  Last night, looking through the pile of redundant TR2 parts that I have,
I came up with the following in addition to the already existing pile-o-parts:

NOS Lucas Driving light (circa 1950's) still in box with switch.  I paid
$75 for it in 1991, and that's what I want for it.

NOS TR2/early 3 wiper motor still in box.  The first person with $50 to
show up at my door that wants it, has it.

TR2/3 steering shaft,  $40.

TR2 Grille, I think I want $20 for it.

Set of five steel wheels for TR2/3.  These came off of Jim Clark's (Toronto
Triumph Club) TR3A and aren`t warped like all the others.  $60 takes them
away.

Set of new MGTD tail lamps I was going to put on the TR2 until I found a
set of original TD lamps,  $35.

TR2/3 Lockheed Master cylinder, apart waiting rebuild.  $35.

I also have several "mystery" boxes just chocked full of goodies for
between $15-$25 per box.  These include the plastic "box", a $6 value in
itself.

Price Note:  These prices are off the top of my mind and might not be
what I actually wrote on the part.  Thus, my $0.25 legal staff has
informed me that I have to state prices subject to change.  Call if you
want clarification on parts.  Email is fine, but I don't check it on weekends.

May all others smell your exhaust,

Bruce Clough