Accel ignition coil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Accel ignition coil
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 21:43:43 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8415526141ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 21:49:54 -0700 (PDT)
I was gust given a brand-new, in the box, Accel Super Stock igintion coil.  I
would like to install this on my 74 Tr-6 but am not sure if I need to remove,
disable, disconnect the resistive wire (basically the same as a ballast
resistor).  Of course there is not much info with the coil, even on the
instruction sheet excpet to say 'remove old coil and install the new one', not
much help!  The coil says it's 12 volts and I measure no resistance on the
secondary, so it's not internally ballasted.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks.

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6