Re: [Fwd: For Sale: Spitfire LeMans, complete...]

To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: For Sale: Spitfire LeMans, complete...]
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:38:39 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, odd@triumphclub.se
On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Odd Hedberg wrote:

> Andrew Mace wrote:
> >
> > Andy "a bit jealous of anyone with an eight-port head :-)" Mace
>
> Talking about eight-port heads...
> How about an entire, _genuine_, works racing (I'd say rallying)
> Spitfire? I just read in the TSSC Area Organizers Newsletter,
> The FORUM, that ADU7B is currently up for sale!
> I quote:
> "Bill Sunderland and Leon Guyot had been to France to see the original
> Le Mans Spitfire ADU7B which is currently for sale....

Oh, GREAT! First the eight-port heads come up for sale. Now an ex-works
car! When will you guys let up on me? Gimme a break! :-)

I agree, though, that ADU7B was originally one of the rallye cars. As I
recall from Robson's book and other sources, this car even as of that
writing had seen many changes, rebodying, redefinition of purpose (so to
speak).

Anyone on this list know someone at Triumph World magazine? Seems as if
this would be a good feature for them.

What does the picture show for body configuration, etc.? Fastback?
LeMans-style bonnet or multi-lamp rallye bonnet?

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *