Re: Herald running problems: Can you help?

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk, dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk
Subject: Re: Herald running problems: Can you help?
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 19:47:22 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<<
 >My Herald has been having a few difficulties lately and, as I'm not too
 [snip]
 >Any suggestions for the most likely cause(s) of this power loss (and what
 >I can do to correct them) gratefully received  If you've any more
 >questions, please ask them!

 Have you checked the diaphram in the carburettor, if this splits it causes
the
 symptoms you suggest, remove the 4 screws that hold the dashpot on and take
 look at the diaphram, it is held in place by 4 more screws and has a small
tab
 on the outside edge to locate it properly.

 Rich
 Northampton >>

Sorry Daren, Rich,

Does this car have SUs or Strombergs. I just assumed the car had an SU, which
doesn't have rubber diaphrams like the Stombergs.

Daren, what have you got?

Charlie B. (again!)