Uncovered TR6, How much?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Uncovered TR6, How much?
From: Bruce Hedin <73217.3426@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Aug 96 12:38:19 EDT
While driving through the neighborhood recently, I spied what turned out to be
a TR6, sitting in a backyard next to a garage, under a tarpaulin.  Kinda scarey
that one can be driving 50mph and catch a glimpse of red on a tire peeking out
from under a tarp at 50yds. and immediately identify it as a LBC...oh what a
terrible disease we are afflicted with....

Of course I thought that this was probably just a variation of the infamous
"car in the barn" trap, cleverly designed to show just enough to attract only
those severely afflicted enough to offer ridiculously large sums of cash for
rusty lumps of sheet metal.  Nonetheless, since there was a gentleman working
in the yard, I decided to stop and inquire as to it's condition.

He indicated that it was his son's and that it's been sitting since 1985.  His
son is no longer living at home and he would like to see it removed from his
yard.  He thought it was a '74 or '75 and was sure it was running when parked.
Unfortunately, it has been sitting outside on the same patch of dirt the entire
time and is in pretty sad shape.  A bit of poking at the rockers displayed
evidence of a fair amount of rot.  Lifting the tarp and peeking in through the
windows confirmed what I expected...discolored (faded?) instruments, cracked
crash pad, warped and split dash, mold and mildew, etc..., although very
complete.  No, I did not lift the hood to look at the engine nor did I get the
commission number, but I will return later to do so.  It does not have OD.

So...probably marginally restorable, more likely a reasonably complete donor
car.  Any ideas on what it's worth?  TIA for any input.

bkh
'71 GT6