Re: Insulation

To: Richard Schwartz <73641.3111@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Insulation
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:48:06 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, BritCars List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
I just finished doing the same on my TR3.  It is fairly easy to work with,
especially up around the firewall where you need to have cables etc going
to the engine compartment.  I put the reflectix down first, then
the regular underlayment on top of that and then the carpet.  It cut down
on the heat transfer and it is a lot quieter.  The tran tunnel is still
warm to the touch but not unbearable.

It comes in 2' wide roll (25') and I have about 6-8 ft left.  I started at
the back of the seat area (floor only), laid a 2' wide strip across the
width of the car.  On the '3 this took care of the area to the front of
the seats.  I then did the area on the floor in the seat area and up the
firewall.  Next came the Tran tunnel, cutting access holes and the
"angles" was a little difficult.  I also put it on the sidewall and
finished up the area around the firewall.  Took about 4-5 hours with some
interuptions.  You'll need some of the aluminum sealing tape.  I did find
it a little hard to deal with the snaps and other fasteners because of the
extra thickness.

Good luck.

| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator              INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\ '58 TR3A -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/events/musson/triumph/cfm-tr3.html /