RE: Overheating re

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: RE: Overheating re
From: draynor@freenet.vcu.edu (Douglas D. Raynor)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 00:33:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Rich,

I found out after trying everything else that taking the water
pump housing off and checking the gasket between it and the
block solved my overheating problem.  Because when I did that
I discovered that two of the bolts had been stripped and put
in with Permatex by the DPO.  Also the gasket wasn't there,
only a very thin Permatex bead. Hope this helps as overheating can
be a real drag.

Doug
'72 Mark IV Spit

--
"A government bureau is where they keep the taxpayer's shirt."