HELP ! Rebuilding Differential

Subject: HELP ! Rebuilding Differential
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 25 Aug 96 17:33:49 EDT
My daily MK3 Spitfire is without rear axle, I am rebuilding the differental.
I am trying to locate a source for very important parts, adjusting shims. (4
different places to use shims in a differential). It seems difficult to found
here in France/UK/Europe. People are selling rebuilded / exchange differentials,
but they don't have the shims / thrust washers (or do they prefer to sell the
whole thing ? Or do they sell it without adjusting anything?)
Main problem is for the very specials, spherical shape thrust washers for the
planet gears. Parts number are :
104572/108935/142167/108936/142168/108937/108938/108939
(sort by thickness, I know it's strange)

Is somebody in the Triumph Cyberspace have any idea where to find it ?
Thank you in advance

Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com
Spitfire MK3, 1968, valencia blue, every day car
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire