GT-6 Front Suspension ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 Front Suspension ?
From: gt6nut@gnn.com (Dan Arrington)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 01:01:53
As things are progressing on my car project i am starting to reassemble the
front suspension and have run into a couple of small problems.
First, iam uprating the suspension with Polyurethane bushings(no problem
here) and uprated springs, (330#). In installing the springs i ran into a
small problem. Due to the shorter length and higher spring rate these springs
are made out of much larger stock, wound with the same inside diameter as the
original springs. This makes the overall diameter of the springs considerably
larger than the stock units,so they dont seat completely in the spring seats.
Question.... Will the spring pressure hold them in place or will i have to do
some modifications to the springs and or seats?

Second problem.......
On the upper spring plate the shock mounting hole is slotted.
This appears to stock(possibly to allow for camber adjustments?)
Just wondering if this is the stock configuration,or if i should order new
spring plates.

GT6NUT (Dan Arrington) I must be a  "nut" to take on a project like this!

gt6nut@gnn.com
http://members.gnn.com/gt6nut/gt6nut.htm

'69 GT6+ (Rustbucket)
New floors,rocker panels,rear valance ................????