TR6 Clutch Shaft Bushings

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch Shaft Bushings
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:32:13 -0600
Encoding: 16 TEXT
Which way does one attempt to extract the clutch shaft bushings on a 76
TR6 bellhousing? Into the housing or out of it (the bushings seem to be
positioned so that they are closer to the inside edge of the housing).

What's a good technique to remove them? - I am particualrly afraid of
too much pounding on the housing as it may crack.

Thanks to all who are responding to my continuing queries on replacing
the clutch on my car. So far the process has taken five days and I have
not started to assemble anything, still taking it all apart. Too bad I
(hopefully and knock on wood) won't have to do this again as I'm sure I
could cut the time in half second time around!

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
peterz@merak.com