Help on GT6

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Help on GT6
From: burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us (Jane Burdekin)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 11:06:09 -0700
Keith,  I think this message went only to you, so I'm reposting to the
list,  Sorry about that, I'm not used to this list.  Jane B.

>There were also comments that 155 tires look puny on a TR3.  I contend that
>they were meant to look that way.  I recall a friend years ago had a Lotus
>something-or-other that came originally with 135 X 15 Michelins.  This was
>the model of Lotus with inboard brakes (and an IRS) to minimize unsprung
>weight.  These _really_ looked puny, but that was the proper look.
>
>Coker Tire still lists Michelin 155 X 15s (as well as 145s and 135s) as
>"coming in 96". They list that they are Xs; I assume the original ribs on
>the sidewall edge.  Great looking, IMHO.

>Keith and all,

I have 155 tires on my '67 GT6, and people keep saying I need wider tires.
Maybe not.  Is there a standard for '67 GT6?  I am just getting my car
running again, I have owned it for 25 years, I knew it would run again!  I
had the engine rebuilt, and I've been working on the rest. I have a couple
of questions I know someone will have answers.  First, I have noticed oil
leaking from the head gasket.  Is there a way to tighten that down more? or
does that mean I will have to reajust all of the rockers etc?  The other
question is that I had the turn signals working and they stopped all of a
sudden.  It's not fuses, what else.  Another question is that my kids were
playing in the car while it wasn't working and broke off the dimmer handle
which sticks out of the steering column by the steering wheel.  Is there an
easy way to fix that without taking apart the whole steering column?

Any advise will be appreciated.

TIA, Jane Burdekin in Boulder CO
'67 GT6