BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Eric Rupert <eric@rpm.com>]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Eric Rupert <eric@rpm.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 13:33:20 -0400
     From: Eric Rupert <eric@rpm.com>
     Subject: Spitfire Tranny Trouble
     Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 07:46:49 -0400

Hi all:

I have a '66 Spitfire MKII.  Last week, as I was driving home, I started
to hear a noise like something was rubbing the driveshaft when I put the
clutch in from 4th.  Once at a stop, no problem and the car would
accelerate fine.  This continued for a couple miles and then that noise
when away, but the clutch pedal seemed to be bottoming out short. (Still
good pressure, just didn't seem to go in all the way).  So, shifting
between gears and at idle it seemed as if the clutch was still dragging
a little.  Got it home OK, and I haven't started to look at it.  Since
it's a hydraulic system, what are the potential problems?  Where should
I start?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Rupert
'66 Spitfire MKII (in the sick bay)