Re: TR4 Fuel pump's gone...advice pls

To: Pat Leask <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Fuel pump's gone...advice pls
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 96 07:14:05 EDT
On Aug 7,  8:29pm, Pat Leask wrote:
> The fuel pump on my TR 4 A "IRS" seems to have seen better days.
>
> Am I better to rebuild it or get a new one ?
>
> A replica is $ 28.00 bucks or so US, are they any good ?

Its not hard to rebuild a fuel pump - the hardest thing is
to get the valves out and make sure that you put the new ones
in facing the correct way.  Otherwise, there's not that much
to them.  The last time I looked, the repros did not have the
priming lever that the originals have, which is a nice touch.

later,

John Lye

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU