Re: Redline Tires <960807202744_100304.2046_EHV82-2@CompuSer

To: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Redline Tires <960807202744_100304.2046_EHV82-2@CompuServe.COM>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 17:17:29 -0400
Francois Demont wrote:

> I've read so many messages here about these redlines, at the end I want to
>know!!
> Here in Europe we have no idea of what could be a redline tire... But, if I
>well
> understand, it's something that draw a red line on the road everywhere you go?

Basically, they are the type of tires that were original
equipment on the TR250/TR6, at least in the USA.  They are like
a "whitewall" tire, except the decorative stripe on the tire is
red instead of white.  The redline stripe is about 3/8 of an
inch wide, and is a moderately dark red.

For a pic of a car with redline tires on it, see
        http://www.vtr.org/TR6

Alternatively, for a picture which features the redline tires better, see
        http://www.vtr.org/people/streeter/lbc/images/index.html

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver (with Michelin X Redline tires...)

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631