Electrical -Reply

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical -Reply
From: SCOTTC COATES <SCOATES@AOAC.ORG>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 09:20:31 -0400
Roger wrote <<The original negative cable had a tab for
the body screw and then one for the block.   ...  I've used
a standard cable and then a short piece, Pep Boy's etc.
Run from battery to block and from block to body. >>

Thanks for the idea.  After yesterday's discussion I
went out last night and confirmed that I did  indeed
neglect to reconnect the ground strap to frame (silly
boy).

But I also found that I couldn't make the connections
because of the placement of the frame tab on the
ground strap doesn't allow enough length to the
negative lead  to my battery.  You see -   I let a Trak
Auto counter guy talk me into a buyer bigger battery to
get some extra cranking power - sounded good at the
time.  Now the size of the battery doesn't allow me to
attach the cable to frame and then to battery.

After looking at the problem last night,  it would be
easier to run a separate strap from the bell housing to
the frame  than to try to remove the strap from the
engine (since the back of the bolt is tucked in behind
the bulkhead frame).

So adding another strap from engine to frame sounds
good to me.  I'd appreciate any warnings from the
group if there is anything else I should be aware of.

Many thanks in advance.

Scott Coates
Burtonsville, Maryland
74 TR6