Re : Carb Confusion revisited

Subject: Re : Carb Confusion revisited
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 04 Aug 96 08:40:25 EDT
Cc: Sean Johnson <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Sean
There is no 950cc Triumph engine, only the 948cc on earlier Herald, but the
smallest engine on the Spitfire MK1/2 was 1147cc, as others already wrote.
I also have the Haynes about SU's, I think here in France we have not exactly
the same edition because there is no page numbers in the Appendix pages, but
yes, I found the infamous error : 950cc in front of the 'Spitfire MK I & II'.
Anyway, you can trust on the other data, comprising carburettors type numbers,
as I checked nearly all of them, for the Spitfire range, working on different
cars. (sorry no US MK3 to hand here).
I add that the only differences between MK1,2,3 HS2 carbs, Europe or US, can be
in the needles, jets, and piston springs So you can convert any HS2 carb to any
MK1,2,3 car just changing these easy to find, easy to change 'external' spares.
Please correct me if I'm wrong !
hope this helps
Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com
Spitfire MK3, 1968, valencia blue, every day car
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire