TR4A Horn

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Horn
From: Rtrickey@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 14:06:29 -0400
I am having a problem getting my original horns to work.  I can by pass the
wiring and relay and get a "toot" when going directly from the battery to
horn so I know noise will come out if power gets to them.  I have taken my
voltage meter and confirmed 12 volts to the relay so I know the fuse is good
and that power is getting to the relay itself.  My omh meter confirms that
the wiring from the relay to the horns is good and no broken circuits.
 Referring to the Bently manual confirms I have the proper wires attached to
the proper connectors at the relay.  Just to be safe , I have tried to get
the horns to work by running a ground wire from the ground terminal of the
relay but I get no current thru the relay to make the blasted horns sound.  I
have an extra relay which I tried but It also does not seem to work.
I guess it is possible both relays are bad and I wonder if there is a way to
test the relay? I am totally baffled as I can't figure out why they will not
work.  Further, I wish I could understand how the relay works and maybe then
I could have some sound from the horns.  Any and all help is appreciated!

Rebe Trickey
1965 TR4A
1963 TR4  (two of these just waiting for me to put back together)