SUmmary of TR6 coolant question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SUmmary of TR6 coolant question
From: gautreau@ix.netcom.com (J Gautreau )
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:24:53 -0700
My original post asked how I could trouble shoot the constant cool
indication on the temp guage. The question was 'how do I test whether
it is the temp sender unit, the guage itself or the therostat????'

The replys to the question and (number of similar replys) were as
follows:

1. Make sure the car has a thermostat   (2)   YES it does

2. On my car, it was a bad sender unit   (2)

3. Warm up the car and dip a thermometer into the water   (2)

4. Attach the temp guage sending wire to the gas guage and view the
results                                   (1)

While I certainly appreciate all the replys, it appears that my options
are to start with reply number 3, (dip a thermometer into a warmed up
radiator) THat will isolate a bad thermostat. Then it's either replace
the thermostat or start with a new sending unit and work towards the
guage.

Again thanks much.

Joe Gautreau    70 tr6   (no name- no gender)