Re: TR4 Engine Rear Main Seal Setting Tool

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Engine Rear Main Seal Setting Tool
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Wed, 29 May 96 08:13:36 EDT
I've rebuilt motors without using this tool and a some with it.  Either way I
don't seem to get any oil leaks.  I think that part of my success is that I
take my time and insure that everything is clean and fitting okay (flush and
in the same place as it was originally if I don't have the tool handy).  Given
a choice, I'd use the tool, but it's not the end of the world if you don't
have it.

My tool was made by Bob Schaller (of Desert Centre TRA fame), and I think it
was the one that TRF used as a pattern for their own tool that came out in
the late 80's.  Bob made a few changes to the factory manual tool to make it
easier to use (mostly cosmetic changes).

Bruce Clough
cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil