BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [wsachse@pepper.ncinter.net]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [wsachse@pepper.ncinter.net]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 01:29:43 -0400
     From: wsachse@pepper.ncinter.net
     Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 09:24:44 -0500
     Subject: Re:wipers

As I understand wiper motors they are always electrically "hot" and when
the switch is activated it completes the circuit to ground.  When your
wiper does not park correctly it could be a problem in the motor itself.
You will notice upon close inspection a roundish cap secured to the top of
the motor with a number of screws.  This mechanism is part of the park
adjustment gizmo.  Providing the delicate copper contact piece inside the
gizmo is not broken, one can with great care, diligence and luck correct an
improperly parking wiper. I realize that this is not a very technical
explanation but the truth lies in here somewhere.  This could also help
solve the problem of the other scion out there whose wipers won't shut off-
they are hot all the time and have found a way to ground and therefore will
not quit.  Good Luck!

                                        Bill Sachse