AUD (AUC?) 1310 float bowls for SUs

To: HDR64@aol.com
Subject: AUD (AUC?) 1310 float bowls for SUs
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 21:31:42 -0400
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Hal,

Recently, while posing a problem regarding a low fuel level in the rear carb
of my twin SU set-up on my Spit 1500, your business and name came up.

I, and two others in our club, have twin SUs on 1500s and we all seem to
suffer that same problem. All three of us have about a 4-5 degree up-angle to
our engines. There's enough variation, front to back, to keep the carbs from
running equally.Paul was able to shim (mostly under the float lid) and even
out the levels. Another Randy still has the problem bad. I'm somewhere in
between. It's been suggested that going to a different offset on the rear
bowl, and shimming the needle seat from there, may help. All of us are
running the stock AUD 2140 bowls, front and rear. We believe an AUD (AUC??)
1310 has enough offset to raise the rear level enough to even things out.

First, are you familiar enough with SUs to know if this float bowl change is
a possible solution? Is there any difference between AUD and AUC?

Secondly, are you in the business of selling SU parts, and do you have any of
the bowls in question? If so, how do we go about getting them from you?

What I find really vexing is how did these carbs work as stock on the
Euro-spec 1500s and yet seem to have this common problem on our cars?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Charlie Brown
Capital Triumph Register