TR steering stop

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR steering stop
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 08:54:07 +0100
Thanks to all for the useful advice on the type of front suspension bushes best
suited to my TR2 re-build. I have both a set of nylon and stock rubber items in
my possession and will decide soon. The next question is related to re-assembly
of the front suspension. When I am fitting the vertical link there is a steering
stop which is a small bolt and cam. The workshop manual tells me I require
special
equipment to set the stop so as to control the lock to lock turns at the
steering wheel. Do I really need this special equipment or can I set it myself.
Can it
still be ajusted after the suspension unit is built up.
XHERALD MAN