TR6 Differential

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Differential
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 May 96 10:22:12 EDT
>in addition, measure the rotational backlash. Make a mark on the input
>flange and rock the flange left and right until the output flanges begin to
>move.
 <snip>
>I do not know of any published specifications, but my experience with my
>Spitfire is that a nice "tight" differential (rebuilt from Rimmer Brothers
>by way of Victoria British) measured about .02" while the transmission it
>replaced measured about .15" shortly after I bought the car

Interesting... I think...  I had her up on a lift this weekend and measured
about 1/8 of a turn (!) of backlash. Although concerned, I did take her out
yesterday for the local club's autocross. (Yes, I know... I don't push my luck
too much, do I?! ) Although my times weren't great, nothing broke (knock
wood!). I'm still planning on taking a closer look at that other diff this week.
Just In Case.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY