Re: Wheels and tires

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@vtetv.org>
Subject: Re: Wheels and tires
From: Don Taskey <dltx2@catamart.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 18:21:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Merone wrote:

> Hello to all.  Glad to have found this great service on the 'net.  I've owned
> my '74 TR-6 for 12 years.  I'd appreciate input on the following:
>
> I'm selling my complete set of wheels and redlines and putting on better
> handling rubber.  Just what is the optimum sized replacement?  What make of
> tire has everyone gone to and what have the results been?  And what about
> wheels?  Those Panasports sure look nice.

185x15, 195x75x15,and 205x70x15 are all the same height but do get wider
and all work.  I'm running 205x70 Goodrich TA's on aluminum TVR wheels.
I just put TRF's uprated springs on (along with poly bushings all
around) as hitting bumps while using large steering angles seemed to
allow the fender edges to remove slivers of tire. Panasports look nice
but everyone runs them!  Then again, I run Moon caps on my 63 Vette.

Don Taskey
76 TR6 (all new but the transmission now)