Re:Suspension Bushings

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Suspension Bushings
From: David Rupert <75701.242@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 May 96 11:05:14 EDT
Folks,

I've been seeing a lot of lively discussion on the subject of bushings lately.
Obviously, there are quite a few of you with knowledge and experience on the
subject, and I'm certainly no expert.   However, that's never stopped me from
having an opinion before!  ;>)
When I redid my TR4A chassis,  I contacted Ken Gillanders of British Frame and
Engine to obtain his nylatron bushings for the front and rear.  When I told him
I wanted to build a fast, stable street car, he recommended that I go with his
polypropyline bushings instead.  His feeling was that the nylatron bushings were
just too hard for comfortable street driving, and that polypro was a good
compromise between handling and comfort.  Also, they were easier to install
because of thier compliance, and they were indestructable as far as wear was
concerned.
Just my 2 cents!

David Rupert
75701.242@compuserve.com