Re: TR4 A windscreen wiper motor lube

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 A windscreen wiper motor lube
From: TLEAKE@novell.com (Tom Leake)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 11:24:12 -0700
I was reviewing the Bently manual on Windscreen wiper gearbox,
of course I have done this only after disassembling the motor and
gearbox.  It states that the gearbox should be partially filled with a
compound called,  Ragosine Listate grease,  does anyone have any idea
what this translates to in products that are easiliy accessable in the  US
and in our day and age.

I called the TRF tech line for kicks and the response was (I'm not kidding)
"Ragosine Listate is a grease that was readily available to British Leyland
Dealers".
I looked about the my shelf full of various lubes and decided on
Lubriplate, unless someone can point me to a better product.  Anyone
aware of a better product for this.  Like one of the new synthetics?

Thanks
 Tom Leake (tleake@novell.com)
65 TR4A IRS