Re: Fwd: The Roadster Factory: The only game in town

To: Gregory Urban <gurban1@gl.umbc.edu>
Subject: Re: Fwd: The Roadster Factory: The only game in town
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 07:39:32 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: RWynne1494@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 9 May 1996, Gregory Urban wrote:

> TRF factory is in business to supply parts , at  price, to consumers.  As
> a retail establishment, they *should* have parts *in stock*.

        Hey, My Mitsubishi Dealer doesn't stock everything they might
        need to fix my Eclipse. More often than not, they order the parts
        from a central supply. With the price of parts as high as it is do
        you blame anyone (let alone TRF) for not wanting to tie up a lot of
        capital in overhead?

        A lot of the NOS parts that are on the market come from dealers and
        parts houses that didn't learn that lesson and went under.

        Their great supply of stock got sold for pennies on the dollar.

        Charlie has and continues to do more for we Triumph and British car
        enthusiasts than just about anyone else. If an item no longer exists,
        but there's a demand for it Charles contracts someone to have it
        made... to original specs (witness the TR6 frame).

        Sure back orders are a pain. We Americans have gotten used to
        instant gratification. I'm as guilty as the next guy of wanting it
        NOW. But before I order from anyone else, I'll give TRF the first
        shot. I owe it to them. The Green Man would probably never have
        been completed without their help... Not just in parts but patience
        and advice.

        Greg Petrolati

        Proud Member #65 of The Coventry Motoring & Aviation Society
        (Chowder and Marching band Division)