TR$ (a true typo)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR$ (a true typo)
From: FNSortwell@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 18:22:05 -0400
RAISE THE FLAGSS, BLOW THE HORNS, SHOUT HURRAHS FROM THE HOUSETOPS.  SPLICE
THE MAINBRACE!!!   An LBC is born!!! On Thurs May 9th at 10:20 AM MDT  the
1964 TR4, CT27267L was successfully started for the first time in 4 years,
 first time since the totally, frame off, re-build.
We attached a battery charger to the battery to help the electrics, then
squirted some top lub in the plug holes and turned the engine over without
plugs until we got oil pressure.  Continued turning for about 10 secs more.
 Then put the plugs in.  We had checked earlier that we had fuel flow and
spark.  We turned again.  Oil pressure...no start.  Let starter cool for a
few minutes.  Turned again, got oil pressure, did a half choke....  and IT'S
ALIVE !!!  Of course there where some minor leaks to fix.  Mostly tightening
up the clamps.  The throttle linkage needed quite a bit of adjusting because
of some binding at the carb attachment.  Tuned the Z-S's, adjusted idle. At
950rpm 50 psi oil, at 1200rpm 65psi at 2000prm 75psi.  Charger works; temp
stayed  around 70.  Purrs like a kitten.  Subsequent starts took place before
one full revolution of the crank.  Whew!!! I was really worried about this.
 Thanks to you all for helping with all your advice, and technical
experience.
What???  OF Course my rear main seal leaks...It IS a TR you know!!
 Later,Fred