re: TRF As a Whole

To: <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>, <@monsanto.com314-694-3626:lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TRF As a Whole
From: PxA5%EngPpl%GS@go50.comp.pge.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 96 6:49:59 PDT
Just a brief comment, that I've always dealt w/ TRF and aside from the
backorder issue and maybe a few minor other things, they're service has
been good.  HOWEVER,

-getting a sales catalog two days before the sale ends(another TRF
marketing gimmick to come back and apologies and extend the sales time
frame),
-backorders that are backordered for months,
-what's this aviation thing got to do w/ LBCs, and do you think for a
moment that I'd spend about $450 dollars to fly from California to Carlile
for the free lunch,
-What's this Teddy thing,
-why would I ever buy a T-shirt w/ a bear on it(When I don't have one w/
my car on it...that's what I want),
-What's a Teady sales(which seems to be  another discount period, but just
associated to this bear),
-pretty soon a bear's going to take my order over the phone!!!!

Charles if you're on-line, improving the service is much more worthier
than and any marketing gimmick:):):)  Thanks.

Pouya

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:emanteno@ix.netcom.com (Irv Korey)
 You wrote:

>I received TRF's TR6/TR250 sale newsletter yesterday, and as I read
>it, I'm beginning to feel that TRF is getting increasingly out of
>touch with the typical Triumph owner, or me, at least.
>First off, all that Aviation Society junk is kind of embarassing. I
>wish they would concentrate on reducing backorders and forget all the
>regalia for some non-existent society. And the more I see being spent
>on the Inn and on this stuff, the more I think is being tacked on to
>the prices of parts, albeit a small bit.

>Also, who would buy a tatty TR250 for $18,000???? I couldn't believe
>it! Oh, I mean TR5, sorry. Of course, the PI bits are off of it, but
>they'll toss them in. Interior shot.

>I'm sorry, the whole tone and feel of this newsletter put me off big
>time. They've lost me as an enthusiastic customer, at least.

>Larry
>lesnyd@monsanto.com

I couldn't agree with you more. TRF hasn't been the same since they
took on MGB parts in 1989. There is no question that resources
previously devoted to Triumphs were rededicated to MGB's. Then more
resources went into the Inn, instead of parts. Their own newsletter
alluded to this and the recession as causing cash flow problems for
TRF. Suppliers don't ship if thet don't get paid, and that equals
backorders for us. Some people may think that the Aviation Society and
Teddy Runyon are cute and/or interesting. I am not one of those people.
To me, they are distractions from the core business of TRF, and we as
their customers are suffering. Fortunately, there are alternatives, and
most of my money has been making it's way to them.

Irv
74 TR6