Early Spit Distributor Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Spit Distributor Problems
From: rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net (Ralph Jannelli)
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 08:31:17 -0400 (EDT)
Several weeks ago I posted a message about my newly rebuilt Spitfire MKII
and some of the problems I was sorting out. One was loss of power above 4000
RPM. Well actually loss of power when accelerating above 4000 RPM if a
slowly brought it up to 4000 and above it was better but it would "surge"
along down the road. Well I finially figured it out. The vaccum unit on the
distributor had a hole in it so not only did I have a vaccum leak but I had
not timing change due to vaccum control. Well I actually managed to be the
unit apart and patch the hole with RTV (great stuff!!). I works much
better!! However, I would like to find a good used unit, because this is my
"show" car and the vaccum unit looks beat up now that i've had it apart.
This is the Delco distributor and the vaccum unit had the vernier knob for
adjusting the timing. Thanks

Ralph Jannelli
'72 Spit MKIV daily driver.
'65 Spit MKII just rebuilt.