Report on TR-3 Engine problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Report on TR-3 Engine problem
From: jmike@sky.net
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 20:39:24 -0500 (CDT)
Hello group!  A couple of weeks ago I posted a poser on my TR where the engine
developed a knock under acceleration, not unlike the sound of a diesel.
Included was a clenched jaw description of the history of the restoration that
was hard to keep clean language about.   Well, those of you who responded with
answers involving rod bearings, you were absolutely right!  The number one and
number three bearings were toast.  The original restorer has at least agreed
to provide new parts, including a crank, but it's gonna cost, because I am
not, ever, ever, going to let them touch the weenie again.  (That's Green
Weenie, our affectionate name for the old boy!)  They have, however, used the
weenie to great affect with us, and probably uncounted more.   Anyway, to
those of you who responded, a great big thanks.   This is a fine group of
people.