Re: Fuel Line

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Line
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 16:33:41 -0400
I'm also running a Facet fuel pump.  The fuel line was custom fabricated by
my mechanic.  Made of stainless tubing the new line runs along the driver's
side frame rail, then crosses under the engine along the front cross frame
rail (the one underneath the steering rack).  This keeps the fuel in the line
cool and I haven't had a vapor problem since.

The line is held in place with clips, and stays to the "inside" of the frame
at all times.  I considered running the line behind the battery, but decided
against it.  The fuel now stays well away from the exhaust system and stays
very cool right up to the carbs.  Should be safe in an accident too, as the
frame rail cross member would have to be severely bent to rupture the fuel
line.  (By that time I might be a gonner anyway.)

To block off the stock fuel pump opening I used a Big Block Chevy fuel pump
blanking plate which fit perfectly and was cheap.

Best of luck,
K. O'Connor
'71 TR6

PS. NO MORE SHOUTING!!!