Antipodean greetings!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Antipodean greetings!
From: jazzman@adel.tafe.sa.edu.au (Jase H. Przychodzen)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 19:54:17 +0900
G'day fellow TR7 sufferers.

It is with great joy that I found a coven of my brethern on the net
who have been seduced by the Wedge. Only to find when
it required some attention that the entire car had been build by
satans minions! I have christened my 1977 TR7 "THE ANTICHRIST".

Have you tried to adjust the distributor by rotating it? I needed to
assemble a special screwdriver with 3 segments, one of which was
flex and 'crows feet' wrench head!!! Do they take the motor out
to rotate the f*ck'ng distributor?
One of the screws that sits under the mixture intake (Between 1&2)
I needed to cut in a + shape so I could use frigging screwdrivers
to take it in and out!!!!! No key will go around it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!!

Sorry, [Thorazine/Valium/Lithium cocktail taken]. Seriously:
Can any one illuminate my bleak existance with these answers?

Do british mechanics have flexible arms the size of barbie dolls?
Why the phack do I need to 'jiggle' my headlight motor (left) for the
mother to come up. Ive rewired it and cleaned the screw shaft and
it still amuses people to see me try to switch the headlights on.
Mind you it has a certain cocquetish appeal when you 'wink' rather
than flash your headlights :-)
Where can I get those plastic tabs that go on the sunroof rails?
Apparently they are out of production and my sunroof has been
wery 'roof' recently and little 'sun'.

And last question. I have been in 4 rear enders with my Trumpy.
I was amazed how robust the little beast is. In the 3rd one
I had a 70's ford run up my butt at a fair clip. Hes radiator was burst
and there was grill bits everywhere. He had to be towed.
Listen do this: I just got a crack on the bumber bar !!!
In the last one I had two jap shitboxes pile into me
and whilst the butt is slightly out of shape (there is a 2cm fold in one
rear mud-guard) and the boot is misshapen, again the other cars
were in a very sorry shape. I am extremly pleased with the way
Trumpys stand damage. What about higher speeds?

My question is, whilst the panel-beater insists there will be no structural
deterioration (he wants to stretch the chasis back into shape)
what about metal fatigue?

Also, where can I get the 7Km/h rear bumper?
(Its the one with two bumps). The 5Km bumper did wonders. But
if I can I want to get the better one.

Also I was toying with putting a larger engine into it.
Ive heard that TR8 are cows (so says the book I have) should I upgrade
to TR8 (is there an upgrade path?) or should I just drop in a Celica or
some Jap piece of techno?

If anyone feels like anwsering at least some of my questions I'd
appreciate it.

Its good to find like-minded, wired people.

Thanks

Btw: Im in Oz.
Jase Przychodzen. Computer Consultant.
Fiberspace : +61-414-393904
Cyberspace : mnemonic@pobox.com       http://dfw.net/~decker
"Will donate vital organs for bandwidth"