Spitfire pistons

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Spitfire pistons
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 13:38:51 -0500
I've removed the pistons from my Spitfire. Actually, just 3 & 4.
The big end bearings look brand new, and are .010 under. But I can't figure
out the piston size. I don't have a mic handy to measure the bore, but I
guess I'll get one.

The rings on #3 fell apart when I took the piston out. Pretty broken.

Anyway, inside the pistons it says Hepolite, and has the number 18207. It
also has the number M502A. That mean anything?

I've decided to just do 3&4. The bearings are so unworn I really don't want
to pull out what works. Had I seen signs of wear I'd have done them all.

Anyway, if you have any info on Pistons, please let me know!

Thanks!

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com