RE: GT6 tuning help needed

To: Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 tuning help needed
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 23 Oct 95 13:32:58 -0500

Subject: GT6 tuning help needed
 > Is there a better way to time it than dynamically at idle?  I'm also
>wondering if the distributor is that much different than the old one to
>cause these problems.  Or could it be the changes I made in the carbs?

     Years ago I learned when tuning one of my sailboats was that it is best
to change only one thing at a time and see the difference. No change? then
change it back and adjust something else. I still try to use this philosophy
when playing with my GT6.
     I always set my timing static. Make sure the points are set properly
and then go for 6BTDC. This setting is on the comm.  plate on my 1971 and it
works good for me!
Good luck,
Richard
'71 GT6