Re: Early Spitfire Motor Available

To: markge@microsoft.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early Spitfire Motor Available
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:34:38 -0400
Good to hear from you Mark!  Sounds like you will have quite a journey.  Hope
all goes well and you can get your TR2 back on the road in short order.  I
was up in Seattle a couple of months ago, enjoying your fine area.

Unfortunately, my poor 65 Spitfire has been so modified by POs that
originality is not within my budget, time, or interest.  The FRAME, of all
things was replaced a few years ago.  My priority with the car is to have fun
and keep it on the road.  I built a car for my son (59 Sprite), a car for my
daughter (63 Consul Capri), and one for my wife (79 Spitfire retro'ed to
chrome bumpers)  Now it is my turn.  I've got the 65  running good,
considering it has the loosest motor I have ever seen!  I run 50 weight in
it.  What's next?  Straight STP?  With sawdust mixed in?

I have found a 64 owner interested in the motor, as his car has a Herald
motor.  A somewhat detuned version--lower compression, flatter cam etc.

Let us know how your TR2 goes.  And if you come down the the SF bay area, get
ahold of us.

Brian N.

79 Spitfire
65 Spitfire