The Mystery Continues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Mystery Continues
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 07:14:35 EDT
Thanks to all those who've guessed at what the relay on our TR7 does; however,
I don't think anybody is right.  It's not aftermarket, it's factory, so that
rules out burglar alarms and toasters.  I don't think it's part of a death ray,
and as far as I know the car never had a self-destruct mechanism (didn't need
one - why be redundant?)   Some more particulars to add to my 10 Oct email:

Relay is a Lucas, part number 33362B, black plastic, SPDT.

Relay holder is a "RWC", no part number.

One thick brown wires is about 8" (21 cm) long, the other thick brown and thin
brown wires are 11" (28 cm) long.  The black/blue wire is 8.5" (22 cm) long.

The four-terminal wide "Lucar" male connector is 1.75"x1.25"x0.5"(4.5X3.3x1.4cm)
made from clear plastic.  Says LUCAS on it, but no part number.  Has two holes
in it to secure it, but no holes are evident in car's body to mount it to.

A number of folks commented that their cars had the black w/blue stripe wire
running from the wiring harness on the passenger side near the wiper motor,
but no relay.  As I reported before, it doesn't influence the car's
functionality at all, in fact, it's sitting on my desk as I type this.   I'm
thinking of offering a reward, such as pint of Bishops Finger, to anyone who
can tell me what this is.

The cat is curious.

Bruce Clough  Internet: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
'54 TR2