re: Trannie Lube

To: sean_johnson@milacron.com
Subject: re: Trannie Lube
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 95 18:54:32 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Sean writes:

>I saw that you've got a number of GT6's, and was wondering if I could ask you
>how you found your cars.
>
>I'm going to be replacing a daily driver (non-LBC) next year, and I've always
>liked GT6's.
Sean,
 Don't know, guess I'm just cursed.
 All kidding aside, I think they are great cars. Albiet, a bit small, I'm
a 200 pounder and sometimes it gets a bit cramped.
 There are no tricks to locating these cars.
 The 68 is a former road racer that was wrecked at la Guna Seca in 1977
and sat for
many years. It was on a trailer I wanted and the car was actually given
to me. It still has the HOT engine,roller cam ,ported heads, dome pistons
and headers. Lots of goodies. I use it as a daily driver. At this moment
I am awaiting a pinion bearing to upgrade the rearend.
 The 69 I bought as a parts car in a junk yard here in El Paso. Don't
know the history of it yet. It's a basket case, but what can you expect
for $250.
 The 67 is a former parts car that I bought from a friend years ago.
Decided to restore it. Got all but the interior and wiring done and
someone who just had to have it bought it. I just bought it back for half
of what I sold it for. $700.
 I am looking at a 66, been sitting for 9 years. All there. I first offered
$200 for it and got home feeling guilty so I called the guy back and made
it $300. Turns out it is his Daughter's car and she is ill and not
expected to live. As cruel as it sounds, he told me to be patient and he
would give me the car after she was gone.
 I don't know if I'm going to keep the69.
 Overall, I would say that I have had better success and more reliability
from my 68 than most people have from other Britcarz, Triumphs included.
I don't think there is enough money available that I would be willing to
sell it. The others,
well, that's a different story.
Tony R.
69GT6