Door Guts Differences

To: meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net, BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Guts Differences
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 10:23:13 -0400
Greg (expert) Spitfire and list readers:

My 65 Spitfire has some butchered door latch mechanisms courtesy of the DPO.
 He attempted to install MGA latches and striker plates.

As my other Spit is a 79, I find no such parts on it.

What are the correct parts?  Same as 79?  What info source  illustrates them
best?  I can't seem to find details in BV, TRF, Moss, or SPIC catlogs..

The 65 has the rotating exterior handles, not the push buttons ones of the
MKIII or the pull levers of the MKIV/1500.  But are the latches and striker
plates different also?

If anyone has illustrations, please fax to me at 408-356-9304.

If anyone has correct parts available, email me the details.

Brian N.