Re: Nuts and Bolts

To: FNSortwell@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nuts and Bolts
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:11:33 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 5 Oct 1995 FNSortwell@aol.com wrote:

>      Awhile back someone had a discussion, re: screwes, nuts and bolts.  Wish
> I'd paid more attention.  My 64 TR-4 is coming along fine, but I want to
> replace some of the old, cruddy bolts with new, so as to match the rest of
> the car.  Can anyone advise as to are they American standard, British
> standard, or metric threads?  And how about a source?? Thanks Fred

        When doing the rebuild on my `4 I always relaced the nasty with new.
        I had no problen substituting American standard with what came on
        the car. A tad of advice though... be careful what you use where. Most
        automotive grade bolts and nuts (if I'm not mistaken) are grade
        5. Be sure to replace what you remove with a similar grade or better
        replacement (e.g. I replace all suspension nuts and bolts with grade
        8).

        Good luck!
        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois