Weather for Triumphest

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Weather for Triumphest
From: "Paul A. Carson" <pcarson@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 20:42:21 -0700
Not trying to be negative, but...
     Just a little note to those who are attending...the Santa Ana winds are
presently blowing lightly and are predicted to increase towards the weekend.
This means that the possibility of dust storms exist enroute and the
temperature will be in the low 100's in Palm Springs during the day and
quite cool at night.  Also watch out for falling rocks from the hills.
     I am attending on Saturday only, so if anyone is traveling on Friday
and have problems and you are in the I-10/I-215 split area, I may be able to
offer assistance/tools/beer.  Telephone number is 909-338-9873.
     Depending on your route, if you are coming from the North on I-5, take
the Grapevine for a very scenic route that crosses the top of the San
Gabriels Mtns to the I-15.  If you're still interested or traveling South on
I-15, stay on 138 and cross the 15 and continue through the San Bernadino
Mtns thru Crestline and Lake Arrowhead towards Big Bear until you reach the
330 and take it down the mountain.  This will get you to Redlands on the 10
and east to Palm Springs!  It is all two lane blacktop roads, but its great
scenery and you don't have to drive thru L.A.
    See you there!
Paul A. Carson                           1967 Triumph TR-4A / CTC 78299 LO
P.O. Box 683, Crestline, CA 92325        1974 Norton Commando 850 Mk. II
Big Safari
Program Manager/Test Navigator
MC/NC/EC/C-130E/H
Lockheed-Martin Aircraft Service Company
(909)395-2975
http://www.primenet.com/~pcarson/