TR6 Rear Hub Assembly

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Rear Hub Assembly
From: TechTeach@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 10:27:27 -0400
Recently I traced excessive play in my driver's side rear wheel to a
partially broken keyway in the rear stub axle. I've temporarily solved the
problem by inserting a longer key to engage more of the keyway until I can
replace it this winter.

TRF's parts catalogue lists two different numbers for the stub axles based on
commision number, but only one number for the entire rear hub assembly. Does
anyone know if I can replace the rear hub assembly in my '75 with a used hub
assembly from any year TR6?

What about the rear bearings, can they be replaced without a workshop full of
special tools or should I just spend the $$ for a rebuilt hub assembly?

Also, I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of TR6's, a '70 & '71, in a
package deal for parts or rebuilding. What's the going rate for a rough, non
running but complete parts car?

TIA,

Richard Leopold
'75 TR6