Re: TR6 Hartop-pro/con<950928143024_111733865@emout04.mail.aol.com>

To: JERRYTOY@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Hartop-pro/con<950928143024_111733865@emout04.mail.aol.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 1995 13:48:10 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>I am considereing buying a hardtop.  Car had one when imported originally.
>It is in Great shape, price OK.  Questions: time to install, will it "work"
>on paint job on the rear deck?, does it help in winter, do you need to remove
>softtop to install ETC...
>Yes, I will put in new rubber seals etc, paint to match, the basic question
>is your shared wisdom, and do you use if you have it?

>thanks

Speaking from Spitfire experience, the hard top does rub on the rear deck panel
and mark the paintwork, not that I'm bothered about my paint work as the
car's pretty much knackered bodily at the minute.  Strangely enough I seem to
get better fuel consumption with the H/T installed aswell(must be to do with
aerodynamics - can a Spit be classed as aerodynamic) :-)  I find that the
interior heats up much quicker than with the soft top on aswell.  And finally
it takes me about 5 minutes to bolt it on, I know this all relates to a
Spitfire H/T, but I would have thought they are pretty much similiar.

Rich
Northampton
England.