Test without warning...Crystal headers and wavering webers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Test without warning...Crystal headers and wavering webers
From: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:37:16 -0400
Here's a real test!

For four years I have had my webers dcoe 32/36 ( I believe thats the model)
down drafts on and working fine on Nigel Wrench, The legendary TR250. Then a
couple months ago the rear carb started dumping fuel into #'s 4, 5, and 6. I
noticed an occassional misfire. Wrapped header crystalized. I didn't quite
understand the cause so I asked everyone. We ascertained it was the revenge
of the mummmy's hand.

Anyway, when I replaced the header I noticed the carbon. I figured that the
choke hadn't reset correctly, or perhaps the linkage between the two was
off. But I checked them all and cleaned the plugs and went on.

Within a tank of gas I was misfiring again, I checked and lo and verily were
4, 5, and 6 fouled again. I got the bug and pulled the old header from the
"spare parts" bin and sho nuff it was #' 4, 5, and 6 that had crystalized. I
guess that's what you get for running rich in Honolulu.

So here's the test: what would cause a weber to suddenly run rich? ( they
are vacuum balanced at idle and linkages are in sync. also chokes are off.

Wishing everyone a great labor day!

Paul, (2-TR250's 1-BJ8, 1-tr4A, 1-F250 van, 1-Eldorado) Pick which one runs
on any given day, Swengler