Ignition problems ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition problems ?
From: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@cortex.rad.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 11:10:06 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

I posted a question a while back regarding my 73 TR6 suddenly cutting off
and then restarting.  I have inspected the wires to and from the coil and
distributor and they *seem* to be OK ( I just love these intermitent
problems! :)).  I have some further symptoms ... when this happens I will
see the ignition light go on but I will still hear the engine running,
then a little while later (2-3 secs) the engine will cut off.  In a lot of
cases, the engine will start up with out me doing anything.  I am curious
if these additional symptoms shed any light on what the problem w/ my car is.
Thanks.

Jon Moody '73 TR6