RE: RESULTS:TR6 Clutch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RESULTS:TR6 Clutch
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 13:31:52 -0600
>You are right,  that's a good explanation of something I never really
>understood.  But,  in this car,  the thrust washers are new (engine rebuild
>< 2000 mi ago).  I checked for gross play by pressing and pulling on the
>crankshaft pulley,  and there wasn't any.

Yeah, I should have mentioned I wasn't talking about a small overage. One
of mine was over .040", which hopefully is rare! And I hadn't replaced the
forks like yours, so things were probably on the ragged edge to start. I
expect the normal .008" or even double that wouldn't have enough effect to
notice. I only mentioned it because it was one more thing to try, but you
were ahead of me.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com