Soaking parts in oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Soaking parts in oil
From: Killjoy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 01:33:52 -0400
Greetings, all.

It is a habit of mine to soak stuck parts in motor oil for days or even weeks
at a time to help free them and make them far easier to clean up later.  This
has worked wonders for me sometimes, other times it hasn't seemed to do much
at all.  But this always seems to work better than penetrating oil,
especially in this summer heat.

Now I would like to know if anyone can think of a reason NOT to do this with
my SU carburettors?  I've never had the SUs apart like I have Webers and ZS
carbs, and I'd like to know if there may be some parts inside that wouldn't
take kindly to being soaked in 10W30.  These carbs will be FULLY disassembled
and cleaned afterwards, but I'd rather not find a gooie mess inside there.

As the car is a project car, I have more than a few days to await your

Michael Turley
Killjoy@aol.com
'67 Spitfire Mk2