SOS, Save Our Spits

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SOS, Save Our Spits
From: WATSON@wmich.edu
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 07:32:01 -0400 (EDT)
Well, it took two years and several cross-country trips, but I have finally
found the right Spitfire (I already have mine, this is for a friend's wife).
It's a 78, white, w/ overdrive.  The owner has gone over practically
everything mechanical as well as redoing the interior and paint.  He
showed me every detail including the floor, rocker panels, and frame.

This is truly amazing when I consider that most of the Spitfire owners that I
have encountered (these are just the guys who have wanted to sell their cars,
not owners at car shows)...anyway, most of the sellers knew little or nothing
about their own cars! Just watch their faces when you ask them what kind of
carb they have or what size engine or ask them to point out the master brake
cylinder.  We are never going to be able to save these cars, if we don't get
some responsible owners.  Alright, alright...get off the soapbox!

I'll be driving it home today. Another Spit saved from death.

Margaret Watson 78 SPIT